Students will be able to earn one or more endorsements as part of their graduation requirements. Endorsements consist of a related series of courses that are grouped together by interest or skill set. They provide students with in-depth knowledge of a subject area.
ARTS & HUMANITIES
A student may earn an Arts & Humanities endorsement by completing the following:The Foundation Graduation requirements(AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTONS)
- English Option: 4 Foundation English credits plus 3 additional approved English credits
- Fine Arts Option: 1 Foundation Fine Arts credit plus 3 additional approved fine arts credits
- Languages Other Than English Option: 4 credits in the same language other than English OR 2 consecutive credits in a language other than English & 2 consecutive credits in a different language other than English
- Social Studies Option: 3 Foundation Social Studies credits plus 2 additional approved Social Studies credits
A student may earn a Multidisciplinary endorsement by completing the following:The Foundation Graduation requirements(AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTONS)
- 4×4 Option: 4 credits in each of the four Foundation subject areas (English, Math, Science & Social Studies) which must include English IV and Chemistry and/or Physics
- AP Course Option: 4 credits in College Board Advanced Placement courses selected from English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Language other than English or Fine Arts. You must complete each course with a 3.0 GPA or higher to earn this endorsement.
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
A student may earn a STEM endorsement by completing the following:The Foundation Graduation requirements including Alg II, Chemistry & Physics(AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTONS)
- Math Option: 2 consecutive Advanced Math credits after successful completion of Algebra II
- Science Option: 5 Science credits which must include Biology, Chemistry and Physics
Business & Industry
A student may earn a Business & Industry endorsement by completing the following:The Foundation Graduation requirements as well as 4 approved English electives credits to include 3 credits from the following areas: Advanced Broadcast Journalism, Newspaper & Public Speaking.
All students may earn a performance acknowledgement on their transcript and diploma by outstanding performance in any of the following areas:
- Score of 3 or better on an AP Test
- On one of the following
- PSAT Commended Scholar, National Hispanic Scholar, National Achievement Scholar
- ACT-PLAN college readiness in 2 of 4 subject areas
- SAT combined Critical Reading and Math of at least 1250
- ACT composite of 28 (excludes writing subscore)