Published April 23, 2020
(Updated May 18, 2020)
As a small school featuring one-to-one classes, we will be able to operate school in our facility much sooner than larger schools. Our size and format of learning make The Tenney School less susceptible to person-to-person spread. In addition, our low student density will allow us to institute additional procedures to minimize the possibility of COVID 19 spread. We plan to open our facility for in-person operations for our Interim & Summer School Sessions beginning on May 18, 2020. The below procedures will be followed to mitigate the possibility of person-to-person spread in the facility.
If it becomes necessary based on new information, Interim & Summer Sessions Course for all or some of our students and staff can be transitioned to Tenney School Live.
COVID 19 Prevention Procedures:
- Students and teachers will be checked at the door and anyone with a fever above 100.4 will not be allowed in the building.
- Students and teachers must be fever free for 3 days before they are allowed back into the building.
- Students and teachers with signs or symptoms of respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and low-grade fever will not be allowed in the building
- Students and teachers who have had contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19, under investigation for COVID-19, or is ill with a respiratory illness will not be allowed in the building for 14 days or until a test has confirmed they are COVID 19 negative.
- Students and teachers will wear masks and/or maintain 6 feet of separation while in building. If they do not have a mask, masks will be provided for them. We will provide a tutorial to all staff and students on proper mask procedure and hygiene.
- Students and teachers will be required to wash their hands or use alcohol based sanitizer after each one to one session. Hand sanitizers will we provided at every point of contact.
- One to One classes will be held in rooms that allow for student and teacher to be 6 feet apart.
- Students will remain 6 feet apart while in study hall; both homeroom classrooms and the library will be used to spread students out.
- The campus will be disinfected on a daily basis. Any surfaces used by teachers or students will be wiped down with disinfectant each afternoon.
- Dismissal will be staggered; students will not be all released at the same time. Students will remain in homeroom and will be called down one by one when their ride arrives.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building and parents will not be allowed in the lobby area unless a meeting has been scheduled.
- No deliveries will be allowed. Lunches and snacks need to be brought from home or purchased from the vending machines on campus.
* These procedures may be revised as more information becomes available.